JOIN MARDI FOR A 40 DAY MEDITATION CHALLENGE
Hi everyone 🙂
As part of my end of year meditation and yoga classes I’ve invited everyone to join me in a 40 day Sadhana practice. A Sadhana is a Kundalini Yoga spiritual practice where you commit yourself to a specific meditation, kriya or exercise for a period of 40, 90 or 1000 days. Doing a practice like this really allows the benefits to work their magic into your body and mind.
For the next 40 days I’ll be doing this beautiful Meditation for a Calm Heart (as taught by Yogi Bhajan) – and I invite you to join me. I’ll be beginning on Monday December 19th 2016 – but feel free to join in when you can. I’ve included below an instruction video, pdf link, and some audios you can download to your device so you can do your own practice whenever and wherever.
I’d love to hear how you’re going with this, so please visit our Skillful MIND community facebook page and join the conversation. I look forward to seeing you there!
AUDIO – 3MINS + PREP/REST – TO LISTEN AND DOWNLOAD MP3
Give yourself 5 mins in total to complete this meditation – includes preparation and a rest at the end
AUDIO 11MINS + PREP/REST – TO LISTEN AND DOWNLOAD MP3
Give yourself 13 mins in total for this – includes preparation and a rest at the end
SOME HINTS AND TIPS:
- While your perfect time to meditate could be different, it can help to do your practice first thing in the morning (One of my favourite teachers – Davidji recommends – RPM – Rise, Pee, Meditate). This can really help you habitualise the practice and make it part of your daily routine
- If you do miss a day – don’t scold or criticize yourself. Just resume back the following day
- Keeping a journal or quick jotted notes can help – especially at the beginning and the end, to allow you to see how the practice has affected you
- If you’re feeling bored or frustrated do it anyway! The discipline is part of the practice
- Having some co-practitioners to share with can help stay motivated – so invite a meditation buddy to join you – or visit and join our Skillful Mind Community facebook group here
In class I used a beautiful track to play in the background called ‘Blessings’ which can be purchased at Spirit Voyage here
You may also find it useful to use a meditation timer. Search for meditation timer in your app store – the ones I find useful on my iphone are: Insight Timer, Meditation Timer, and Seconds Pro